Is thick! Like, breathing through a hot, wet sock thick. I remember this from the last time I was here. Not so bad this time, I mean, New Orleans? That's insanity. Today was actually pretty nice. I never knew how much water was out here. Probably because I flew in at night last time. It's crazy! From the air you see nothing but little (and some large) bodies of water everywhere.
I have to say, all-in-all today was a pretty good travel day. Had my customary lunch at Mile High in Denver with my boss and the Greek guy that I sat next to from Sac. What a cool dude. We talked so much about Greek food that we decided that we should grab lunch. The next leg was easy (despite the sappy romantic comedy they played). Why can't I just once look up and see boobs on the screen?!! Just once? They probably do it in Europe!
And now, the hotel.
The new Hilton Orlando is a very nice property. Brand new (opened last fall), and very well done. The rooms are like any other recently remodeled Hilton, which is to say that you can expect a very cozy bed, a flat screen, and a nice little work station. The pools are beautiful, with slides and a lazy river. The only thing that ticked me off was that they charge for the gym. Every other Hilton I've stayed at comp't that for their guests. Oh well, maybe resort pricing.
Had an amazing steak at the Capitol Grill at Point Orlando with 3 lovely industry colleagues. Lot's of laughs and great service from Joe the waiter. They over-cooked my Porterhouse, but immediately swapped it out and made good with extra sides. No harm, no foul. Pedi-cabs back. What a kick! More like a kick and a push, but we got it going. Our Puerto Rican driver (peddler?) smoked the other bike, and the other guy was pulling 2 girls that weighed about the same as my left leg.
Tomorrow I hit the pool for some down time before the madness begins. Stay tuned for a sneak peek of the new Harry Potter attraction.
Powering down,
B
Friday, May 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Cool Bri :] Glad to have a place to follow your travels. Your ped-taxi guy sounds like a G. He would approve of the ghetto name of your blog, lol.
ReplyDeleteSafe travels hermano and don't eat the jelly beans at the Harry Potter attraction.
Love it B! Can't wait til the next installment!
ReplyDeleteThis is great Bri. I remember the air...ugh!! Anxious to hear about the Harry Potter attraction. Looking forward to your next post.
ReplyDelete