Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Days 5 & 6 - What just happened?

What a blur. The last 2 days have been so chaotic, but it's finally over. Last night was a blast. We started off with our annual staff dinner which is a great chance for all of our in country markets to hang out together. We even managed to find the one classy joint in Orlando to have it in - a place called Vines. Great food and great laughs with good friends.

I realized that on this trip - that we are all really good friends. There's something about traveling with people, being away from home together that brings you closer. It's nice to know that you can be anywhere in the world and know someone. This show is great for that. I've run into a ton of people that I've met on fams, at other trade shows, and while traveling, and everyone is usually genuinely happy to see you again. It makes being away a little easier. Just a tad.

The party last night was epic. There's nothing like watching all the same people that you were just talking business with earlier in the day completely break down under the influence of alcohol and lose their damn mind on the dance floor. Open bars are always dangerous, and last night was no exception. Over imbibed just a bit, but survived. Took it WAY easy tonight.

And tonight...was held at Sea World. I have to say, maybe I'm just a little burnt out, but I wasn't totally impressed. In Sea Worlds defense, it could very well have been that they only serve Bud and Bud Light, therefore ensuring my sobriety for the evening. Maybe I owe them a thank you come to think of it. And here's a thought - Is it weird to eat sea food at a sea life park? I couldn't help but feeling that the fish may have been just a bit fresher than I'd like. Either way, they put on a fine party. Maybe I'm just a snob.

Well, travel day tomorrow. I have a late flight so a bit more pool time is in order. There's only a few weeks before my next trip so I need to get prepped ASAP. Can't wait. More to come...

B

No comments:

Post a Comment