Much to my delight, Universal did indeed open the new Harry Potter attraction for us tonight, despite the torrential downpour that hit in the afternoon. I must admit, I panicked a bit when I heard that Uni was considering a plan B if the rain didn't subside, but luckily Merlin smiled upon us and all went according to schedule.
And now, about the attraction...
GTFO! This was, hands down, the most impressive thing I have EVER seen in a theme park! Something that all HP fans should see. They had a very strict "no photography" rule, but I still managed to get a few shots off (hey, had to prove I'd been there right?). I'll post them as soon as I get back. Listen folks, this is it. I felt like a little kid rolling through there. The castle has EVERYTHING from the story. The talking portraits, Dumbledore's office, you name it and it's in there. I was so giddy seeing it - what a great feeling. Oh yeah, the drinks were free again as well.
The main roller coaster is a challenge between two dragons and it's a great ride. I even did the kiddie ride which was the "Flight of the Hippogrif" or something, just to say I did. I drank Butterbeer and Pumpkin Juice, tried out a few wands (no magic in me - straight muggle), and really just took it all in. Amazing doesn't begin to explain what Uni has here. Brilliant is a better fit.
Anyway, private performance from Blue Man Group after the park (bzzzz), and then off to the bars. What a great night.
Monday, May 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Just as long as you didn't whip out your wand after too many drinks. Great story bro and I can't wait to see the pics.
ReplyDelete